Thursday 13 April 2023

A Review of the Lenovo D32-45 PC Monitor

I bought the Lenovo D32-45 PC Monitor 10 days ago (it's not available on Amazon). It cost £169.00 which I believe is about the cheapest you can buy a 32-inch monitor. My assessment thus far is that I'm happy with it. Nice and big, and the text is clear. And it goes to 75Hz, although it had 60Hz in Windows as a default. Checked on a "UFO test" site, and it's now giving me 75Hz (although not sure if this is giving me much real world difference, I should try some games).  Reflections are fine i.e I can still see the pic in bright sunshine.

Anyway, I have no complaints. Very similar to my old monitor except bigger. This new panel is VA and old panel in old monitor is ips, but just seem more or less the same to me.  People were saying in a monitor forum that with a 32-inch monitor I would need a higher resolution i.e 2k or 4k.  But HD (1900 by 1080) seems to me to be absolutely fine.

I'm relieved I have now found a 32-inch monitor that is satisfactory. I'd bought two previous 32-inch monitors, but they were both unsatisfactory and I sent both back.  The ViewSonic VX3211-MH 32 Inch, but the screen was too reflective.  And the BenQ EW3270U 32-inch Monitor. I say why I sent that monitor back here

18/4/23 Edited to add: I tried to submit this review on Curry's site. I eventually found out I had to email another company called "reevoo" with proof of purchase attached.  They sent me a link to a questionnaire. Mostly irrelevant questions, but did allow me to paste in this review. However, they emailed me back saying they can't accept my review since:

"References to an exact price can be confusing for other people, as prices can change over time and between different companies".

I replied back saying: "Yes, I'm well aware that prices continually cycle up and down in price. I'm specifically saying it's good value at £170. How can anyone be confused by that? I'm conveying vital information that prospective purchasers need to be aware of in order to make an informed decision".

But I'm getting nowhere, so...

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...