Sunday 17 April 2022

Advice on getting a girlfriend

Just read this: I’m fit and intelligent, but can’t get a date. Should I give up?

. .well at least the initial letter, I haven't bothered with reading the response from the agony aunt.

He says: 

I put a lot of effort into online dating, but the final straw was sending quality personal messages to 47 different women over six months and receiving nil positive replies.

In my experience I never got any responses for articulate thoughtful initial messages. You have to put "Yo!" or whatever (or, at least, something short). And linking to my blog (my other one) virtually assured that they would either suddenly cease communicating with me, or I got some excuse. I'm not kidding...

Having said that, I did meet someone before from a dating site.

Coming across as super-intelligent is going to put them off. As is being thick. They want someone they can relate to, of about equal intelligence to them.   

My conclusion with my experience is you're most likely to succeed when you don't try too hard and not really too fussed if they don't respond again. When you're flippant and "random" in your responses. When you perplex and intrigue them.

Oh yes, and I cannot stress how important is that you are smiling in your profile picture!  It is absolutely essential!  




No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...