Monday 21 November 2022

Netflix Programmes

I subscribed to a month of Netflix in order to watch the 2022 version of All Quiet on the Western Front (see my previous post for my opinion of that film). Only my 2nd month of Netflix ever, the first time I subscribed was nearly 2 years ago.

Anyway, now I have subscribed again, I might as well check out any other programmes that might be worth watching. There's a lot of positive talk about Stranger Things. Last night, I watched the first episode of the first series or season, or whatever it's called.  I got the impression it's one of these American series where lots of weird things happen with no real progress in the story or resolution, and which go on interminably.

Watching the entire first episode of a series is reasonable. But if it hasn't grabbed my interest at that point then I don't feel it's worth pursuing. I'll see if I am able to get past the first episode for anything. In all honesty, I probably won't.

Got these to try.

Wrong turn

Army of the Dead

All Of Us Are Dead

My Name

Squid Game

Dark

I'll update once I've tried.

UPDATE 15th December

I tried "Dark" and watched about 30 mins or so.  I had no idea what the heck was going on, so I never even bothered watching a single episode. And if you asked me now what happened in that 30 minutes, I'm afraid I cannot remember! 

I watched wrong turn. This was a remake of a film of the same name. The original Wrong Turn was great (haven't watched any of the sequels Wrong Turn 2 etc).  This remake of wrong turn wasn't actually a remake, but an entirely different film with very little in common with the original. They're deceiving people by using the same name to make more money. And it's definitely not worth watching, I wasted my time watching it.

Squid Game was very good, definitely something that is worth watching.  I was surprised at how good it was!

This was my second month of Netflix, the first month was about 18 months ago.  And this is the last day of my subscription of this 2nd month, but will probably subscribe again within a month or so. 

A friend of mine from Australia -- Veroni Bear -- advised me not to bother with
All Of Us Are Dead, so I won'tShe also recommended:

Train to Busan
Kingdom
My Name
Sweet Home

But Train to Busan isn't on NetflixBut I'll give the others a spinI also want to try the series the mist which is based on Stephen King's novel.







No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...