Sunday 28 August 2022

Sitting and dementia

I've just read the following article.

Dementia: What you do while you sit may affect your risk

The study finds that being mentally active and engaged while sitting may reduce the chances of developing dementia. Conversely, sitting passively increases this risk.

Sitting passively means something like watching TV.

I always have thoughts churning through my mind, I wouldn't even know how to stop them! Indeed, I've always found it difficult listening to people, and taking in what I'm seeing when watching TV since my mind always drifts. It's why I did so cr@p at school, as that involves having to listen to teachers. If instead, we were obliged to read the material rather than listen to teachers, I reckon I would have done vastly better. Indeed, going to school was largely a complete waste of time for me.

 Oh well, if my constant churning thoughts help me to avoid getting dementia, then that's a positive.

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...