Saturday 7 August 2021

Crazy views are propagated

Just reading this novel. One of the characters says (in a diary entry):

Jon, the man who wants to leave the plane, seems crazy to me, but others buy into his specious arguments. He can sell anything to anyone. I cannot convince anyone to join my mindset on any reasonable opinion I have. Let alone any attempt to dissuade others from their fervid beliefs during a period of trauma. It is a life-long flaw.

Yes, I have this problem too and have had it all my life. And I often think that those who have the most ridiculous views have the most influence on others. So crazy views are propagated and level-headed astute views are shunned.

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...