Sunday 2 August 2020

Existential thoughts and Depression

I've noticed since first coming on the Internet (back in 1999), that when I express certain existential thoughts e.g. what does it all mean etc, people think I'm depressed.

Nothing could be further from the truth! It's because I'm excited. My thoughts are bubbling to the surface. I'm fascinated by what it all means (if anything).

Either the Universe and our lives are absurd. Or there is some ultimate purpose (which suggests a "life after death" and all that might entail). But either possibility is mind blowing

In my heart of hearts, I'm convinced there's an ultimate purpose to it all. But I assure people I'm not depressed when I express such thoughts. In fact, if anything, I'm feeling pleasantly . .umm . . wistful . . awed by it all?? Certainly not depressed though!

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...