Sunday 5 July 2020

Being Praised

Some guy called David McRaney said:

Have you ever noticed the peculiar tendency you have to let praise pass through you, but to feel crushed by criticism? A thousand positive remarks can slip by unnoticed, but one “you suck” can linger in your head for days.

Eh?? Peoples' experiences must be very different from my own.  No, it's pretty much the diametric opposite for me. Depending on the nature of the praise it often makes me feel great! I imagine because the negative remarks directed towards me vastly outnumber the positive remarks. Especially on the net. Am I unique here? Does everyone else get more positive remarks than negative remarks?

Looking on the net he's written a few books eg:




















Yet another negative remark!

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...