Thursday 20 February 2020

The best way to die?

People say that when it's their time to go they'd just like to go quickly rather than hearing they have some terminal illness. I completely identify with that. I would feel terrified if I learnt I had a terminal illness. Much better to go quickly -- not endure those months of fear leading to one's eventual demise. 

And yet . . and yet . . I think that after the initial shock and stultifying fear, the subsequent reminiscing about my life, what it all means, whether I might survive my death and if so what I might experience, writing down these thoughts on my blog, perhaps even relating any anomalous experiences I might have e.g. deathbed visions, then perhaps this might be a desirable option. At least if any pain could be minimised.

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...