Wednesday 17 July 2019

The Reincarnation of Princess Diana?




I read this article.*  The parents of a boy claims their boy appears to remember being Princess Diana in a former life. It's also covered by many other newspapers, at least the popular ones eg the mail, but no further details are added.


Philosophically I see no reason why reincarnation shouldn't occur. And there is good evidence for it in the form of young children apparently recollecting a previous life  (Although I do not regard hypnotic regression as providing compelling evidence).  However, I highly doubt that this child was Princess Diana.  If one is claiming their child remembers a former life, out of all the billions of people that have ever lived who would draw the most attention from the general populace?  I'm not sure, but presumably Princess Diana would be near the top?  This is a very good reason to be deeply sceptical in this instance. Much more likley to be a hoax or a publicity stunt. As I've said before, I'm very sceptical about claims of a previous famous life.

*Update  For some strange reason I cannot link to it on blogger.  See the mail article instead or I link to it in my facebook group here.

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...