Friday 26 July 2019

Alerts for when new books are published

I was hoping I could find somewhere on the net where I can enter authors names and get an email alert when a new book by them is published. Can't find anywhere apart from "following" each of the authors on Amazon. But I was a bit leery of doing that fearing Amazon will inundate me with emails rather than just informing me when a new book comes out. But 2 days ago I did it anyway. My fears were justified. Just got an email alert for a new book by this author, but it was released 2 months ago in May! (and I knew about it already having just followed him 2 days ago). Why is it so impossible to get email alerts for just new books?

Update: 15 minutes later.  And now I've just received an alert for a book that isn't being released until October! Grrr . .bollox to this. I'd best unfollow them all. I knew this would happen!

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...