Wednesday, 14 February 2018

Insouciant about being cold

Apparently people are baffled why people voluntarily go out in the cold without being well wrapped up.

This student went out in freezing weather wearing shorts and people can’t get enough of it


According to the above link a woman on twitter said:
[T]he same boy was on the 80 with me this morning again in a t-shirt and shorts. I'd love to know his reasoning!

I would imagine the reason is to demonstrate one's indifference to the harsh elements. Not to be craven and shiver and slink into a hole to get warm, but to walk erect, be proud, shake a fist at the Gods' who try to break our will with inclement weather. To be a man. To be special!  To be a hero.

No comments:

Did you enjoy reading this article?

When browsing and reading articles on the web I frequently encounter the question of whether I am enjoying reading the article in question o...