I have on the odd occasion walked home at night between 12-2am for 5 miles or so after drinking in a pub.
For example when I was camping at Scarborough many years ago (maybe 20 years?) I got talking to this woman camping by herself and we went to the pub. Walking down this country road when going home it was pitch black and we could scarcely see where we were going!
But her nervousness was coming off her in waves on the way back. After all I'd only known her for about 3 hours or so! I felt like saying, it's OK, won't rape you or anything, but that would have made things worse maybe. So I just pretended I didn't notice her nervousness and just talked about inconsequential things.And one night walking home for miles when camping at Skegness I met this guy and a woman walking the same way. Drunk as I was I started walking with them and started talking to the woman. Wasn't particularly dark though. She was very friendly and we were talking about all sorts e.g. I remember talking about Dean Koontz's "Watchers", which she had also read, and how I'd love a genetically engineered dog like the one featured in the book which was super intelligent. But I felt the guy was becoming more and more pissed off. I could just feel it! Even though he basically said nothing.
And one New Years Eve night many years ago I walked home from Middlesbrough centre to Fairfield in Stockton. 1am to 2.30am? About 6 miles distance. For some reason I walked down Castle Eden Walkway . . it was pitch black! But I heard male voices ahead whilst walking down there. Not a good idea for them to see me. So I hid in the bushes at the side of the path. .When they walked past I still couldn't seek them even though only about 20 feet away or so.! But there was at least one woman with them. One of the women screamed out in fear and whimpered. I think one of the guys must have hit her. And he was threatening her.
NB: Apart from a couple of posts where I directly quote AI to enable me to address and argue against what it says, AI has not otherwise been used in any shape or form in either this blog nor my "Philosophical Thoughts" blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you enjoy reading this article?
When browsing and reading articles on the web I frequently encounter the question of whether I am enjoying reading the article in question o...
-
I recently read the following article: What the Buddha Didn't Teach About Reincarnation It says: "This is not to say that “we” ...
-
Someone on twitter/X asked the following question: A mathematician emerges from a cave, hands you the photo below, and asks "Will a c...
-
Below on the left is a photo of me taken back in 1985. I uploaded that photo to ChatGPT and said to it "Generate an image of what this ...
-
There's 2 possibilities: a) This is the only life there is. When we die we simply cease to exist. Our lives and the Universe are, in a...
-
Someone said in a comment under a Guardian article: My solution to this problem is somewhat simplistic. I don't do social media. As in...
-
The Wikipedia page on Lucy Letby First of all, let me say at the outset that I'm really loath to comment on whether I think she's gu...
-
It keeps being claimed (eg David Papineau, Sean Carroll et al ) that if consciousness caused anything in the brain over and above physical c...
-
Woody Allen has said : I firmly believe ... that life is meaningless. I’m not alone in thinking this — there have been many great minds far...
-
According to this article Greenland is the country with the world's highest suicide rate. From 1900-1930 Greenland had a suicide rate ...
-
Sobering thought to think that by around 2150 I will have been completely forgotten -- as if I had never existed. Unless my blogs survive...
No comments:
Post a Comment