Sunday 29 July 2018

Raccoon Existentialism


I think this is taking the question "why are we here?" too literally. We could answer that the Universe and our lives are ultimately absurd and we're simply here by sheer blind happenstance. That would be an answer to this question. Whether it's the correct one is another issue.

Also the question of "how are we here" requires more of an answer than my parents procreated etc. We have to answer why there is something rather than absolutely nothing. And given there is something, how did humans come about rather than any other intelligent life come about, or indeed no intelligent life at all?

Also, if I am the result of a single sperm and egg and my parents needed to meet, and their parents needed to meet in turn etc, then the probability of *me* being born is effectively zero. Yet here I am. So there's a problem here. There's something incorrect in the mainstream assumptions (I'm aware that just about the whole of the human race disagrees with me about this last point, but they're simply not understanding the issue.  See a blog post by me).

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...