Thursday 31 January 2019

I hate the Windows 10 Mail App

Ugh . . I had an important email that someone had sent me, so I foolishly imagined that selecting the archive option would ensure I don't ever lose it. Well, not in the Windows 10 mail app that comes bundled with windows 10 ...

Here's what I thought would happen:

That it would copy the existing email and place the copy in some prominent archive folder for easy access.

What really happened:

Deletes the original email. Indeed, deletes it so thoroughly that it isn't either in the trash, deleted items, nor spam folders. Doesn't appear to even copy it as no archive folder seems to actually exist.

In short, it does the precise opposite of what you wished to do. Permanently deletes those important emails you wish to keep.

Fortunately, I use gmail so was still there on the gmail website. This time I've simply copied the text into a notepad file. Why the heck didn't I do this in the first place?? Do not trust Microsoft! Their software often seems to be designed by a malevolent despot designed for maximum annoyance and grief.

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...