Thursday, 28 April 2016

The deadening spirit of secular materialism

I read the following article:

The Reasonableness of Religious Belief

I emphatically agree with just about everything she says!  Especially interesting is when she says:




I myself believe that the most epic spiritual battle of our time is . . . with the deadening spirit of secular materialism, which cloaks itself in the guise of reason and enlightenment, and ultimately consumes all its children into a black pit of nothingness.

 She sounds like me after a few drinks! I agree with her though, and I also agree that it is not hyperbolic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about my actual blog post. Anything irrelevant will not be published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Changing from prepay energy meters to normal meters. Be leery of being overcharged!

I'm getting both my electricity and gas meters changed today from prepaid to the normal type of meter.  Since moving into this new flat ...