Monday, 29 February 2016

Reading novels when I was a child.

It's peculiar, but as an adult I very rarely can be bothered to read a novel again. As a child I used to read the same books over and over and over again, especially Enid Blyton books. Maybe once a year I would read all the famous Five, all the 8 adventure books, the 15 Fatty books etc. And the Narnia and Jennings books over and over again. 

I think I perhaps just enjoyed reading children's books vastly more. They were about characters I cared about, which I could visit again in the next book in the series etc.

As an adult there's only a handful I've read a second time. Shogun . . umm . .and I'm struggling to think of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment about my actual blog post. Anything irrelevant will not be published.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Changing from prepay energy meters to normal meters. Be leery of being overcharged!

I'm getting both my electricity and gas meters changed today from prepaid to the normal type of meter.  Since moving into this new flat ...